How to Create a Business Facebook Advertising Account
Apr 18, 2019
To run advertising on Facebook or Instagram, you must have a Facebook Business Manager account. Our clients are encouraged to open their own accounts from the beginning so they have access to the information at all times and are able to update information and roles as needed.
Step one is setting up a Business Manager account with Facebook:
- Go to business.facebook.com/create and select Create Account.
- Enter your name and Facebook login credentials.
- Follow the prompts to create your business account.
Once you are logged in to your Business Manager account, you can create the ad account:
- Go to Settings - People and Assets - People.
- Assign authorized agents to Ad Accounts and Pages with the appropriate role permissions.
- Go to Business Settings - Instagram Accounts to connect any Instagram business accounts.
- Add at least two people as Business Manager Admins, and add the rest as Business Manager Employees.
- Go to Pages - Add New Pages - Claim a Page to connect your Facebook Page. If you are a Page Admin your claim will be instantly approved. If you are not a Page Admin, a notification to approve the claim request will be sent to current Page Admin.
- Go to Ad Accounts - Add new ad account. You will have the access to add an account you own by supplying the ad account ID, or request access to use another Business Manager owned ad account. Ad account should be owned by the entity that pays invoices.
Now, you will need to add a payment method to run ads.
- Open Business Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Add Payment Method.
- Click Continue and then follow the instructions to add your payment method.