New Year's Resolutions 2023
Jan 06, 2023
Welcome to 2023! I am Kyle Ean Haggerty, Director of Business Development with INGAGE Biz, Digital Marketing & Public Relations. As we are starting this new year, many of you may be considering your New Year's resolutions for your business.
That is exciting!
Some people say that you should never look at the past and always look forward to the future. In some ways, this is true; however, you need to look at the success and failures of the past to determine what is best for your business in the future.
When considering your resolutions and marketing plans for 2023, it is essential to take an overview of 2022.
What was your return on investment?
- How much money did you send?
- And based on the amount, did you get the desired outcome?
- Let me give you a simple formula to consider: How much did you spend overall, how many inquiries did it produce (inquiry calls), of those inquiries calls, how many presentations were given, and from all of that, how many became your client? Then you can calculate how much you spent per inquiry (I will explain that in a different video), but once you look at that vs. money coming in, that will let you know if your investment was proper.
How is your SEO doing?
- So, for those living under a rock, SEO means Search Engine Optimization.
- That is getting traffic to your website from free, organic, editorial, or natural search people do online. For example, when you are comparing car prices on Google.
- The overall aim is to improve your website's position. The higher your website listing, the more people will see it.
- Here is some vital information: Google's search engine algorithms changed in the third quarter of last year. Did you change your SEO strategies to adjust? Did your marketing team review your Keywords to ensure they work for you?
- Are you aware of the new quality of content criteria on Google? Improving the quality of content - "Google's helpful content update," launched in August, focuses on rewarding content created for humans and resolving the queries and punishes content focused on getting traffic from search engines (or is designed to rank well).
- Another not to consider is upgrading to Google Analytics 4; the accessible version of Google Analytics 3 (Universal analytics) will be shut down after six months. Google Analytics helps in tracking how a website and the content on the website perform.
Are you ready for your close-up? Lights... Camera..... ACTION!!!!
- I hope so because if you are not, you are missing out, as you must add a video to your overall marketing strategy.
- If you are unaware, YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine worldwide, only second to Google.
- Instagram prefer Reels and short videos on their platform.
- And to our attorney friends who work in personal injury and family law or any business that clients are not business to business, but your client is the actual consumer, TikTok is your friend, and this can be an essential part of your marketing strategy.
- Is website performance declining? It could be due to any core update launched this year, and it could take months to recover with the right approach, or you may never recover if you publish fluff content and use spammy backlinks.
Consider adding Public Relations to your Marketing Strategies. Here are a few things to understand.
- Public Relations is the Persuasion Business. You are trying to convince an audience, influence, promote your idea, support your position, or recognize your accomplishments. Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and the audience they want to attract.
- Public Relations people tell stories. They create narratives to promote their agenda. Public Relations can be utilized to protect, design, or build reputations through television & radio media, social media, or self-produced communications. A complete Public Relations strategy will analyze the person, company, group, or organization and find the positive messages that translate those messages into positive stories. They can engineer the best response and limit the damage when the news is not good.
- Public relations specialists are shapers of images and paint the picture they want the world to see. The goal is to generate positive publicity for their client and improve their reputation. Keeping the public informed about the activity of government and political agencies, explaining policy, and managing political campaigns are instrumental for civil engagement. Public relations professionals working for an organization may handle consumer relations, the relationship between parts of the company such as the managers and employees, or different department branch offices."
Tools used by Public Relations Professionals are, but are not limited to:
- Write and distribute press releases
- Speech writing
- Write pitches about a firm and send them directly to journalists. These have a lighter tone than a formal press release.
- Create special events designed for public outreach and media relations, facilitating all moving parts.
- Analyze and conduct market research on the firm or the firm's branding and messaging. Is it translating to the public in the desired fashion?
- Expansion of business opportunities and contacts using personal networking, attending and sponsoring private and public events.
- Writing and appearing in Vlogs and Blogs for social media and publication platforms.
- Reputation & Crisis management public relations strategies.
Knowing all of this, I have a question for you. Are you ready to INGAGE because I am? Don't hesitate to contact us for your complimentary marketing analysis to ensure you are prepared for 2023.
About INGAGE – Digital Marketing & Public Relations
We are an outsourced marketing department. From public relations to pay-per-click advertising, we are experts in each area of marketing to ensure our clients achieve results at a fraction of the cost of an in-house team. We are equipped to develop successful relationships in all business sectors; we service the high-level business community specializing in law, finance, government, information technology, and higher education. We are a team of passionate, creative, and strategic professionals. Our unique multicultural experiences and professional backgrounds allow us to undertake any marketing challenge. Are you ready to INGAGE? Because we are. We specialize in accelerating our client's momentum, being at the foundation of their vision, differentiating them from the competition, and maximizing their mission. We INGAGE in your success.